Teaching is a Royal Adventure has moved! Click here to see the new and improved site or visit http://teachingisaroyaladventure.com/.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Currently: Fall is Here!


Can you believe October is here?  This school year feels like it is flying by.  Fall has to be my favorite time of the year!  I just love fall clothes, hayrides, football games, pumpkins, bonfires, pretty leaves, and the cool temperatures.  I can't wait for the spooktacular activities that are planned this month!  And then we have our annual Book-A-Ween at school where our school dresses up as a character from a book.

I'm linking up with the lovely Farley for Currently.

Listening: To Kimberly Geswein's Inspiration for Entrepreneurs Podcast.   I loved listening to Deanna Jump's story.  Four years ago I was in my Student Teaching when I found Deanna's blog.  She is such an inspiration! As a teacher and entrepreneur.  
Loving: The crisp air so I can wear dresses with leggings, sweaters, and boots! Pumpkins, Hayrides, Bonfires, S'mores, goodness gracious I just love this time of year!
Thinking: Tomorrow is our last day before Fall Break! I will miss my sweet kiddos, but looking forward to a couple things I have planned for next week.
Wanting: For it to be Saturday so I can watch some college football!  Go Vols!
Needing: To finished my October Word Work and Work on Writing packet! Almost finished, will be up this weekend.  
Treat: Treat of course! My store will be on sale through 10-3.  

4 comments:

  1. Fall break ... I'm jealous! I also love sweaters and boots. Too bad it's only cool enough to wear them like for a week around here. What character are you going to dress up as? I'm the school teacher librarian so in theory I should be heading something like that up. Every year the district swears they don't want us to do it and the principals send out emails. Then someone does it anyway. It's the same week as bookfair, though. That can drive a TL nuts. And the book character pumpkin decorating contest. #thinking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. O,
      I haven't decided yet! That would be wonderful, if your principal says it's okay. Especially since their is a purpose behind the costumes. :) Our principal lets us know when the Book-A-Ween is scheduled, which this year is on our half day. A thought would be maybe it can be the Friday before your book fair, because I know that week can be crazy, especially for a librarian! Hopefully it can cool down in your area soon so you can wear your sweaters and boots!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Ms. W! Yes, we are very blessed to get fall break now, it hasn't always been that way. Our school board decided for us to go back to school earlier in August so we can get a Fall Break. We are off for one week.
    Thanksgiving break will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy fall break you lucky dog!! I'll be in Neyland in a few weeks for the Alabama game... roll tide. :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...