Teaching is a Royal Adventure has moved! Click here to see the new and improved site or visit http://teachingisaroyaladventure.com/.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Welcome to the Jungle: Before & After


I am so excited about this post! I have been meaning to find the time to share my classroom before & after pictures.  Before I was hired, my classroom was considered the Occupational Therapy room in our school.  The first thing I remember noticing when I saw my classroom were the blank white walls. My mind was going in a million directions wanting to create a room that was inviting, bright & colorful.

Here are a few pictures of what my room looked liked that first day. 


Welcome to my Jungle 


themed classroom! 

Our classroom Palm Tree.  I just love when it's decorated during Christmas (picture was taken last year). This is the center of our classroom.  I found the tutorial how to make a palm tree on Deanna Jump's blog and had to make one!  Not only is it adorable, it's used as a divider that helps keep my students focused in our tiny classroom.  

This is our Writing Wall.  I was obsessed when I saw this on Melissa's, from Seustastic, blog.  You can check it out by clicking here. Before posting the anchor charts I had a mini lesson.  Under the display is where all Writing and Handwriting activities are stored.  
Our Have You Filled a Bucket Today door display.
This is our Work on Writing desk.  The desk was found at a yard sale.  I adore the Subway Art posters by Hope King!  A Year of Many First, Writer's Workshop anchor charts, are great visuals and reminders of what was covered at the beginning of Writer's Workshop.
Laurie, from Laure Cole designs, painted this teacher stool for me.  
She is amazingly talented!!! I just LOVE it!

The teacher desk that was originally in my classroom took up way too much room.  I found this little desk at a yard sale.  It holds all I need and doesn't take up a lot of room.  

Teacher Technology station.  The perfect spot for our Elmo seemed 
to be on top of the filing cabinet. 
Our Adventure in Reading classroom library.  My students just LOVE this cozy area in our classroom.  I display our CAFE strategies here.  On top are the student's book bins that also hold their Daily 5 folders.  We don't have a window, so I created a felt board window for our classroom.  

These bins are perfect for storing Math and Literacy stations.  

Goodbye desk!  I am so thankful SPED donated our classroom another kidney table at the end of my first year teaching.  Now our classroom has two kidney tables which gives us a lot more room.  This area is used for guided reading. 

Our Computer Station.  I made the crate seats through a 
tutorial on Pinterest. 

Our Poetry Station.
A new station I'm trying this year is the I'm Done! Now What! station.  So far I am absolutely loving it. Now when my kiddos finish early they can make a choice.  Shelley Gray has created activities that are not only fun, they are meaningful!  My students are loving it so far.
This is our Wild About Learning board where I display student work throughout the year.  
I just love my home away from home!
Thank you for taking the time to read! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...